Sunday, July 15, 2012



Painting is all done and ready for the cabinets...



Jerry picking up our Ikea cabinets. 

Let the fun begin...We found the easiest way to work with Ikea cabinets is too put all the pieces to each cabinet in a pile before you start putting them together.  That worked really well.  All the pieces were there.  The only thing that we needed to return was a damaged cabinet door and they returned it with no problems.

The rail for the wall cabinets is up and we have installed our first wall cabinet.  I'm so excited to see it all start coming together.  With all the demolition that had to be done and some of the unexpected problems that had to be resolved before we could move forward, I didn't think we would ever get to this point.

Wall cabinets are up...there will be a hood range microwave where you see the big gap.  And we still need to install the cabinet fillers.  



Base cabinets are installed...plumbing is ready for my new Ikea Farm sink and Dishwasher.  Oh, I don't think i mentioned my paint colors.  Normally, I am a warm color person, but this time I chose cool colors. Since we live on the lake, I wanted to beachy-cottage look.  After looking at sooooo many paint samples, I chose Better Homes & Garden "Aqua Inlet" on the walls and BHG "The Perfect White" will be used for trim and the wainscoting in the dining room.  Very happy with how it turned out.


At the last minute, I decided to add an island/bar between the dining room and kitchen.  When I started this renovation, I didn't think there would be room for an island/bar, but when we got to that part, I taped out the size on the floor to see if it would work.  And, I loved it.  So it gave me more counter space, more cabinet space and an eat in kitchen.  I've also been working on my counter tops while Jerry and his brother Jay have been installing our cabinets.  My counter tops are going to be awesome...I post them next.

No comments:

Post a Comment