Sunday, July 15, 2012

Wicker Furniture Makeover...Pinterest Challenge Party!


Here is my first makeover for a linky party! 

I found this wicker furniture several years ago at the Maumee Antique Mall (my favorite place to go junking) in Maumee, Ohio for the front porch of our last house. We had a big front porch on a craftsman style home in the historic district.  And it looked great.   


BEFORE:





Now that we have moved to a lake front home, I needed to change it up a little.  So I painted it with Kryon's Outdoor Spray Paint (Taupe).  It took about 5 cans to paint all the pieces.  I then found cushions at Walmart that really gives it the punch that it needed plus I was able to find cushions to match for my swing and our outdoor dining chairs.

AFTER:
Here is the set on the upper level deck overlooking the dock area!


Here is the set, down stairs, on the patio, which is outside the new kitchen we are currently designing. As the complete kitchen renovation is nearing completion, out patio set will see lots of use.

Since I moved our kitchen downstairs we spend more time on the lower level patio, so I moved my wicker furniture to the lower level patio.  Now, I have my table and chairs for eating and my furniture grouping for a more comfortable seating arrangement.

I would love to hear your thoughts! 


For my first linky party I am joining all the girls for the Summer Pinterest Challenge!





3 comments:

  1. Ooooh! I like it! I just found a wicker chair on the side of the road that I was thinking of painting. I think you've convinced me. ;) he he!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alicia. They turned out better than I expected. Let me know how your chair turns out. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just went through some of your older blog posts ... you've been busy!! I like that you're moving the main living area to the lower level where it's easier to access the water. My hubby and I visited the Maumee area about 5 or 6 years ago. I think we stayed at the Mill House Inn in Perrysburg(I think that's the name of the inn). It was located right along the river with some rapids and was really pretty. We took a boat to Kelley's Island and then drove a golf cart around the island. We really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete